The built network is the first network of this kind in Poland. The origins of its implementation began in year 2010, in which it has been decided about its construction. It has been carried out using P2P FTTH (Fiber To The Home), which is currently the world's most modern technical solution for the provision of telecommunications services.
- POP system components
- Main network components
- Access network components
The task posed by the investor was to bring the two fibers to the subscriber in order to provide broadband services of "triple play" (in one package: internet, telephone and television) while optimizing costs.
It was possible to perform this task thanks to the support of our technology partner of TKF holding company, being the provider of fibre optical technologies on the German and Dutch market for more than 15 years.
The architecture of the built network is a classic star schema with the central element for the aggregation of all fibres in one location called POP. There are ODF systemic cabinets with installed fiber panels to which the LTMC 96J fibre optic cables are provided for the supply of intermediate points - FIST-GCO2 joints. From each such joint the cable is brought to the subscriber for the direct burial DAC 2J, which was then finished inside the probox, prepared for especially for this project. The main teletechnical infrastructure is realized by the bundle of microcanalization system with seven micro-tubes of DB 14/10 to which LTMC cables are installed with stream blowing method. The special feature of the ACE fiber optic system is that the entire network uses only one type of bus cable with a capacity of only 96 fibers. It is a kind of unique approach in comparison to the other solutions, available on the market. Thanks to this, the constructed ACE system is characterized by the full transparency: one 96J cable is one 2U distribution frame – one fibre optic joint – 48 subscribers. Such an approach allows you to limit the number of products required to build the network, thus allowing to limit the total investment cost, including the cost of logistics and to significantly accelerate the design and installation phase.
It is worth mentioning that the built infrastructure, with the development of the Internet, will provide a throughput of up to 10Gbps, which proves its timelessness and possibility to adapt to the new services.
Fiber optic network – what does it give us?
Thanks to the constructed fiber network, the investor ensures an access to services such as:
- unlimited access to the Internet in three packages to be chosen, from 50Mbps, 75Mbps or 100 Mbps of the symmetric link
- more than 100 digital TV programs, 50 analogue programs and 12 radio stations.
- Digital telehpony
- telephone calls using a standard telephone device and access to services such as "Fax-2-email" and "Voice-2-mail".
- low costs of connecting the subscriber (low OPEX costs),
- transparency of infrastructure at any of its points,
- easy reconfiguration possibility,
- the provision of various broadband services at the same time,
- the possibility of migration from P2P technology into PON (which is not possible in opposite direction),
- open way for the introduction of new demanding services,
- lower logistics costs by reducing the number of products necessary to build the telecommunication infrastructure,
- network resistance to weather and physical conditions, which is very important from the subscriber’s point of view - no interruption in access to services,
- resistance to current decays - fibers do not require an intermediate power points.
The network in numbers
The network in Kosakowo Municipality and neighboring municipalities means:
- 160 km of LTMC 96J cable,
- 80 km of ACEsplit 7x14 / 10 microcanalization system bundle,
- 350 km of DAC 2J cable,
- 150 FIST GCO2 fiber joints,
- 4 ODF + PMF + PPF systemic distribution frames.
The project was carried out in a way that ensures maximum utilization of available resources - including cable blow in at one section of approximately 5,200 meters (blowing in two directions 2 x 2,600 m), which allowed to reduce the amount of wells, storage tanks, as well as fiber optic joints. Such approach reduces the time required to build the particular section of the network and allows you to limit the number of problems / downtimes that may occur during the installation phase. Thanks to the close cooperation and our trainings for installers carrying out works on this investment, it was possible to realize this design efficiently while retaining the existing standards and norms, as confirmed by a certificate of 15-years of ACE system reliability warranty.
It should also be emphasized that the ACE system built in the Kosakowo Municipality and neighboring municipalities is so interesting infrastructure and so distinguishing on the background of other systems available in Poland, that it aroused the interest of the Minister - Andrzej Halicki and the Governor – Ryszard Stachurski who visited our investment in October 2014.
Wojciech Jurewicz, Product Manager, C&C Partners